Monday, September 26, 2005

How cool is this?!

Sorry everyone, if I'm being pretentious, but I was really excited about this!


Trust me


Yes, I did spend ages sitting in the kitchen playing when I first got it.
And yes, I have put it round my neck and run up and down shouting "Stat!" (Well, kind of.)

It's even got my name lasered onto the bell (aww!).

I get to go to the hospital proper tomorrow. Not sure if I should take it with me. I might get stopped and asked things. We're also expected to wear white coats! Which I think puts me more in the league of Diagnosis Murder than ER.

Ok, I'm probably being a bit of a kid (mature, responsible attitude now, please), but I know some of you do appreciate the miracle God did in firstly getting me back on my feet after Bristol; secondly, giving me something to aim at and a new goal; and thirdly, actually physically getting me into Med School over 3 years with my background. The above is very tangible evidence of God's grace.

Congratulations go to Ian, the only entrant of my little quiz, who successfully identified the 'mystery object'. Your prize is an equally mysterious object (i.e. I haven't thought of it yet).

4 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

It IS very cool, and you're right to be excited!!

Now you need to try stuff out on housemates.... I'm into my third year now of being prodded, poked and probed (with a littleless of the probing...) by my medics. There was much squealing when they got their eye torches, and stethoscopes, and hammers, and tapes, and sticks and stuff.

All so sweet :o)

4:18 am, September 28, 2005  
Blogger Kate John said...

Made a little sqeak of delight when I saw what was in the picture!
oh my word- how weirdly real and surreal at the same time
proper grown up michael with his proper serious profession
you totally have to see the episode of Third Rock from the Sun where they pretend to be doctors and walk round the hospital with their coats and stethoscopes- Everyone keeps asking them what to do for patients and Harry gives the same reply every time (clearly learned off ER):
"Don't be fooled by the saline count- I KNOW this man is a diabetic!" Anyway it seems to work for him- he accidentally gets it right and saves a guy's life- hee hee try that.
Or employ Rob's nursing method of- make it up, no-one'll know...

1:17 pm, September 28, 2005  
Blogger Jude said...

Wow!!! Thats very cool. Very proud of all you guys.. Speak soon

JUDE

4:15 pm, September 28, 2005  
Blogger Michael said...

I haven't forgotten you.

7:04 pm, October 16, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home