Be warned...
Doctors make up words!!
This may be a trade secret but I think it's a silly one.
"Acute aortic regurgitation can be life threatening if not treated emergently."
Yes, Mozilla Firefox spell-checker add-on, you do well to put a little red dashed line under "emergently". For it is not a word.
This may be a trade secret but I think it's a silly one.
"Acute aortic regurgitation can be life threatening if not treated emergently."
Yes, Mozilla Firefox spell-checker add-on, you do well to put a little red dashed line under "emergently". For it is not a word.

3 Comments:
Alright, well maybe it is. I googled it and it has 43,000 hits. Hmm. Including a dictionary definition in Webster's from 1913.
Wow! I really don't want to be writing this essay, do I?
43.000 google hits don't make a word. They make 43,000 stupid people.
Incidentally, doctors have nothing on sociologists, who throughout their (thankfully short) existence in the world of academia have insisted on creating not only new spellings but entirely new words which they then inexplicably put capital letters on the front of, as though that somehow vindicates them from cheating us out of any clue what they're going on about.
eg. Enculturation.
(And another mystery... why does every household have a copy of a Dictionary of Sociology - regardless of whether anyone in the house has ever studied it?...)
I don't actually have a dictionary of sociology in my house. Maybe I need Enculturating.
Post a Comment
<< Home