Saturday, July 07, 2007

Defusing road rage

My beloved Astra has just marked the occassion of its 100,000 miles. The clock has gone round again so I can pretend I have a brand new car. Although I don't think anyone will buy it. Quite literally. Am test driving another. It's always funny driving another car. Everything is in the wrong place. I've taken it up to the North to move house. By about Nottingham I thought I had got to grips with it, when a Mercedes cut me up. Annoyed, I tried flashing my lights at him. Mr Mercedes, looking in his rear view mirror will have seen the angry young man behind, scowl then unexpectedly wash his windscreen and burst out laughing. Slapstick - a certain cure for raod rage.

The house is pretty much moved into now. The previous tenant has left a few bits and pieces. Just the usual stuff. Some cleaning products, sofas, beds, a piano, gerbils. A kitten.

The kitten is living in our kitchen and the overflowing litter tray is making the experience of moving rather more malodourous than I would have liked.

An interesting experience.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jess says she'll have the kitten. Please post it to the usual address.

7:42 pm, July 07, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our Astra did that too... good old vauxhalls.

3:56 pm, July 10, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My parents BLue Astra is coming up on 190,000! Never exactly a pleasure to drive (steering wheel left of centre when you're driving for some unknown reason) but certainly reliable.

4:47 pm, July 11, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not to be outdone by a mere Vauxhall, my Fiesta is approaching the same milestone. Likelihood of buying a new car when it happens is minimal, though.

The road rage story provided a welcome laugh! Where are you moving to? Still in Hull?

5:18 pm, August 13, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you buy another Astra everything is in the same place, very handy!! (Although the wiper/lights error may still occassionally occur!) :o)

1:32 pm, September 02, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home